Effective June 2020, Romantic Shorts is once again open for submissions.
Effective September 1, 2020
Any submission of work to Romantic Shorts
constitutes the author’s agreement
to the following terms and conditions:
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
As the creator of a romantic short story that you would like to submit for consideration and publication to Romantic Shorts, you are referred to here as ‘author’, while Romantic Shorts, and any person responsible for or employed by Romantic Shorts, will be referred to as ‘publisher.’
- By submitting a manuscript to Romantic Shorts, author grants publisher the right to print, publish, exploit, distribute, sell, translate, and/or license the submitted work, in part or in whole, in any format whatsoever, throughout the world and in unlimited quantities. Author grants this right to publisher exclusively for one year and one month from the date of electronic submission.
- Author thereafter grants publisher the non-exclusive right to republish, archive, print, publish, exploit, distribute, sell, translate, and/or license the submitted work, in part or in whole, in any format whatsoever, throughout the world and in unlimited quantities.
- Author consents and grants publisher the right to publish the work, along with author’s biographical information as provided to publisher at time of publication of work. Author agrees to provide publisher with personal, professional, and contact information intended to promote interest in author’s work and in Romantic Shorts. All biographical information is submitted at the discretion of author first, and edited by publisher second.
- Author agrees to allow publisher to edit the work and biographical information as necessary in order to ensure the work is suitable and ready for publication according to publisher’s standards and discretion.
- Author releases publisher from any liability whatsoever in regard to any libel or slander or any other claims that may arise as a result of the publication of the original work. Author also releases publisher from any liability whatsoever in regard to any libel or slander or any other claims that may arise as a result of publisher’s editing of the original work.
- Author warrants that the information provided in the work is his/her/their original work, that the work is a piece of fiction and is in no way intended to represent any persons, living or dead, that the work does not infringe on any other copyright, and that the work has not been previously published.
- Author warrants that the submitted work is not currently, and for the duration of the review period with publisher, under consideration for publication with any other publisher.
- Author hereby acknowledges that payment ($50.00 CAN) provided by the publisher at time of publication is non-negotiable and is offered as fair, one-time, lump sum compensation in addition to the notoriety and exposure that author will receive from the publication of the work. Author agrees to accept payment as offered, and in the form most convenient to the publisher, whether via online transfer, posted cheque, or any other commonly acceptable form of transaction as determined by the publisher.
- Publisher hereby agrees that, aside from the rights granted herein, copyright of the work will remain with author. Author warrants that he/she/they own(s) the copyrights or other rights in the work to grant license of the rights herein to publisher.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of Ontario, Canada and author agrees to attorn to the jurisdiction of the Provincial and Federal Courts in Ontario, Canada. This contract will be binding upon the parties upon electronic submission and receipt of the applicable work.
Again, submission of your work to Romantic Shorts™ represents your acceptance of the above agreement.
If you have any questions regarding the above agreement, please click here to contact us.
To proceed with the submission of your MANUSCRIPT SUBMISSION, please click on the button below.
To proceed with the submission of your COMPETITION ENTRY MANUSCRIPT, please click on the button below.